Leadgate Cricket Club Will:
- Promote to children that they have the right to take up the opportunity to participate in cricket and ensure that no unlawful barriers prevent them from doing so if they choose.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children by promoting fairness, just treatment and respect to all.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well being of children and to protect them from non-equitable behaviour.
- Recruit, train, support, and supervise its members to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from non-equitable behaviour and to minimise risk to them selves.
- Require members to adopt and abide by the Clubs Equity Policy.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or non-equitable behaviour in line with this Policy as well as implement appropriate disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Review and evaluate this Policy on a regular basis.
Equity is a much more qualitative issue than equality. Ultimately, equity means fairness
Equity in sport means ensuring that everyone is treated fairly, justly and with respect, and acting in a way that ensures everyone who wants to take part in sport has the opportunity to do so.
Positive environments created by sports organisations such as Leadgate Cricket Club enable individuals to make the choice to take up the opportunity to play sport. This Policy is based on the following principles:
- Equity for all children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, social backgrounds, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to equal opportunities to participate in cricket through Leadgate Cricket Club.
- All children, whatever age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, social backgrounds, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to be treated equitably.
- All incidents of alleged poor practice, misconduct and a lack of equity will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately by the designated Club equity Officer. Gary Dixon
This Policy will be reviewed regularly monitored and reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the club equity or any changes within Leadgate Cricket Club.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about equity within the club.
- The policy will be reviewed annually.
Policy: Renewed February 2015 Next Review Feb 2016